w.Intercom = i;Tado X breaking API changes — tado° Community

Tado X breaking API changes

aaaaw
aaaaw

Folks,

Enjoying Tado X, but it's not compatible with the current API.

All good, in looking at the app, the hops endpoint is perfect - alas, when we follow your guidance to use the public api client ID; the token it returns does not work on the hops.tado.com endpoint, returning 401.

Using the web client ID and secret work fine, but in order to abide by your reasonable request to use a different client ID, we need to be able to access this endpoint with it.

Can you provide some guidance here please?

Tagged:

Comments

• Emcee
    Emcee Admin

Hello @aaaaw,

Your post has been forwarded to the appropriate team. I will let you know once I get a response.

• Emcee
    Emcee Admin

Hello again @aaaaw,

Thank you for pointing out the issue with tado° X and the current API. Our development team was able to confirm that something is indeed not working and a ticket has been opened. The issue should be resolved soon.

_____

I'd like to take this opportunity to re-iterate that tado° doesn't have an issue with users tinkering with its API, BUT users should also keep in mind that because they are not working with an 'official API', tado° cannot guarantee this code will always be available, nor that the company will consistently be able to support users working with said code.

• Thank you!

Tracking updates over here, once we get a fix or direction I will issue a PR onto the main project.

https://github.com/aweddell/PyTadoX/tree/TadoX-Support