w.Intercom = i;Which Room is Requesting Heat — tado° Community

Which Room is Requesting Heat

Tado is full of so many great functions it's hard to debug your setup when fine tuning your settings. It would ge great to see a page that shows which rooms (that are assigned to the boiler) are actually requesting heat - knowing what the system is doing and not assuming what is occurring. This would support my efforts in trying to know why my boiler is running, and not spend ages trying to guess.

2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• wateroakley
    wateroakley Volunteer Moderator

@Pianoman Hello. There are a several ways of ways of finding out which room/device is/was calling for heat, and when.

1. If you have a wireless receiver, the CH and HW lights will be ON or OFF.
    2. The top level screen on the Tado app, will show 'heating to xx' and 'wavy' lines.
    3. Under each room tile, the graph shows what was happening. For this graph, I went back to 4 January 2024 for our study. It shows the HW ON in Orange (twice), Study calling for heat in Grey, The bottom row shows where we used the 'home schedule' (0:00-8:00 am), 'manual' (08:00-10:00 am), and 'away' (15:00-16:00 pm).
    4. If you have a smart meter, the supplier bill often reports the gas consumption every half-hour.