w.Intercom = i;Official Announcement: Sunsetting IFTTT - Page 3 — tado° Community

Official Announcement: Sunsetting IFTTT

13»

Comments

• Bustofa
    Bustofa
    edited October 7

Clearly, I’m a bit late to this thread but IFTTT only reported a couple of days ago that my routine wasn’t working. (Last worked 4 October). I do not recall seeing an email informing me of the withdrawal of IFTTT integration. As Tado say in this thread that they are interested in how IFTTT is being utilised, could they note please that I use the change in temperature notified by the thermostat to switch on or off a component of my heating system that can’t be controlled by a thermostatic valve.

This change is very inconvenient to say the least.

• I don't recall receiving an email that stood out as an announcement of a reduction of ability either.

Like the user above, I only found out when I got a notification from IFTTT that Tado routines had disconnected.

What I'm now missing is the option for Tado to automatically resume the schedule when nobody is home. The IFTTT routine I used is still used by 909 people, but obviously won't be working anymore.

Without that, if a manual temperature level is set, it will stay set even when the house is empty. It won't change when people get home either. Which either results in a cold house or a house being heated when nobody is home.

I also used the official Tado IFTTT routine for humidity too high. Useful to alert me to activate some ventilation / open a window. No warning now unless I look at the Tado app.

• Like @David_C I used IFTTT to trigger actions based on TADO V3 humidity readings - sadly this no longer works 😔 Have looked in to Google home yaml scripted automations and found that humidity can't be used as a starter - could this be added to the wish list for TADO?

• Well, I'm here because I had an email from IFTTT yesterday telling me that Tado wasn't connected, I've since found out that Tado have ceased supporting IFTTT, this is the first I've heard about this, no communication from Tado told me this was going to happen.
    As for Tado saying - "we recommend exploring powerful alternatives such as Amazon Alexa, Google Home, Apple HomeKit, and Home Assistant. These platforms offer extensive control and integration capabilities that can enrich your tado° experience. Alexa Routines, for instance, are an effective way to substitute IFTTT’s functionalities in a tado°-Home connected to the Amazon Alexa app. Similar functions also exist for Google Home and Apple HomeKit users."
    Well, the problem here is, these "powerful alternatives" can't do the things that we could do with IFTTT, and I would assume that most, if not all of us that were using IFTTT were using it for the things the alternative platforms simply CANNOT DO!
    Also, I paid for the "Auto-Assist" so that I could use the Home & Away triggers through IFTTT to control other smart things, but now I can't do that and I have 9 more paid for months of a subscription that is now of no use to me.

I will NOT be renewing my subscription.
  • pistolet
    pistolet
    edited October 8

I did manage to implement a google home routine to do something when the ambient-temparature exceeds a value.

Trick is to define the thermostat reading as condition not as trigger.

Then I set a (virtual) switch as trigger. which is toggled every X minutes by a time schedule.

It does seem to have some accuracy issues though. Maybe that is because google only shows .5C accurary 🤔