w.Intercom = i;Tado Wired Smart Thermostat — tado° Community

Tado Wired Smart Thermostat

Hi All,

Recently procured a Tado Starter Kit v3+ to replace a ESi ESRTP4RF+ thermostat. Just need a little help with the wiring. The ESi wiring attached has 4 wires Live, Neutral, COM and N/O. Where do these go in the Tado? Thanks

Best Answer

• policywonk
    policywonk ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi,

Normally this would be the answer:

• LIVE goes to P1
    • NEUTRAL goes to P2
    • COM goes to COM
    • N/O goes to NO.
    • Earth, if its there, goes to P3.

Answers

• Hi Thanks for this. I have tried the above. Boiler kicks in and is always on. Can’t switch it off. Any ideas? I have put the old thermostat back and all is fine.
  • Please put back the original Stat. Then take another brighter, clearer if possible, photograph of the wiring. I need to understand whats going on inside that smudged brown area.

Confirm it does switch the boiler on and off according to the stat.

Come back here with that photo. Will look again.

• Hi Please find attached. Hope this is clearer. Thanks

• policywonk
    policywonk ✭✭✭
    edited October 21

Do you have a mains testing screwdriver or, better still, a multimeter? An electrical test screwdriver costs less than £10.

Need to check the wiring volts with the ESI lid removed:

• whether Live on the ESI is actually Live,
    • whether COM is dead or Live
    • whether N/O is dead or Live

Do you have a wiring centre where all the cables are linked logically? Would you take a photo of that with the cover off?

Come back.

• wateroakley
    wateroakley Volunteer Moderator
    edited October 21

@AkramA the wiring instructions from @policywonk look good to me. Park live (brown) and neutral (blue) on P1 and P2 respectively. Move COM (black 3?) to COM and NO (grey 4?) to NO to control the heating. You may to need to link L and CH COM on the Tado wireless receiver. If the heating is always on, grey and black may be reversed? A mains screwdriver will help identify what is live. HTH.