w.Intercom = i;Tado X support for hot water? — tado° Community

Tado X support for hot water?

I currently have a Nest controlling the radiators and hot water, and a Drayton programmer controlling 3 zones of underfloor heating. Both demand from the gas boiler independently. I think I’ve worked out that the V3+ supports this configuration with a wireless receiver and 3 wired thermostats. But am I right in thinking this isn’t currently supported by the X system?
If not, is there some update expected in the future to include hot water?
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Emcee
    Emcee Admin
    edited September 23 Answer ✓

Hello @andydinger

You can find information about this topic here.

Assuming you are in the UK and you have a system boiler, you could programme hot water schedules using Wireless Smart Thermostat X - Starter Kit ( the one incl. Programmer with Hot Water Control and OpenTherm). So although you can't control hot water on the Smart Thermostat X directly, you CAN control hot water directly on the UK version of the Wireless Receiver X. We don't sell this device individually, but only as a part of the Wireless Smart Thermostat X - Starter Kit.

• Emcee
    Emcee Admin
    Answer ✓

@andydinger yes, you'll have to wait a few more weeks until it is available in the UK.

Answers

• Thanks for your reply. I’d missed that particular page in all my various searches. But I guess I’ll have to wait until the X System appears in the UK shop as the version of starter kit you mentioned does not appear in the EU shop.