w.Intercom = i;Can I use tado thermostat X for heating control and my existing wired programmer for hot water? — tado° Community

Can I use tado thermostat X for heating control and my existing wired programmer for hot water?

Hi all,

I am considering to get into this while preparing a baby room and would like more control.

I have a relatively simple deployment of one heating zone and one hot water.

My current thinking is to just remove the existing wired/dumb thermostat, install the thermostat X, install radiator thermostats to my 8 radiators around the house for view and easier control.

Is it possible to use the Tado wired thermostat X for controlling radiator thermostats around the house, but keep the hot water schedule on the existing programmer?

Thanking you in advance for your answers!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• policywonk
    policywonk ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Assuming your boiler is simply being switched on and off, not throttled by the Tado system, yes:

• Have a sparkie set up the wiring centre for your house carefully.
    • The wiring centre will have two calls for heat, one for HW, one for CH.
    • Tado can happily control the CH side being completely unaware of the boiler having to respond to the call for heat from the HW side.

However if your boiler is Opentherm or Ebus, or similar, there may be a loss of efficiency, if one side is switched as a dumb switch, and the other is handled via a throttle control. The boiler wont do both well.