w.Intercom = i;Low battery alert — tado° Community

Low battery alert

I had one of my device for month with low battery alert. Today I replaced with brand new batteries, but device continues showing low battery. Changed again with other batteries, but low battery doesn’t disappear. Device reset doesn’t fix the problem. Removing and readding again the device won’t fix the problem.

Unable to fix the problem.

Best Answer

• wateroakley
    wateroakley Volunteer Moderator
    Answer ✓

@RobinITA Hello Robin. 'Low battery' warnings will not usually disappear immediately the battery is changed nor by reset. They tend to subsequently disappear by their own accord. If the warning persists, check the battery voltage with a meter. If it's OK, I usually ignore the warning.

Answers

• policywonk
    policywonk ✭✭✭

you using rechargeable batteries? Their voltage is lower than an ordinary battery.

• I have a similar issue. Brand new smart radiator valve. First low battery notification after 2 to 3 days of operation. Changed batteries, but tested originals and they were well in the green zone on the tester. A couple of days later another low battery warning notification for the same thermostat. This was one minute after switchover time. So apparently I need to ignore these notifications? It’s not a good start to my Tado experience.

• @hbmcwallace

Tado have made changes to the firmware on their devices which in my experience has made the battery alerts more reliable. Since you've just installed, your devices may still be on older firmware depending on how long they were sitting on the shelf.

Can you post the firmware versions of your equipment?

For reference, my devices are on the following versions. I believe these are the latest

• Smart Thermostat 215.2
    • TRVs 215.1
    • Wireless temp sensor 215.1
    • Bridge 92.1
    • Extension kit 81.1

Unfortunately, there's no way to force an update so you just need to leave them online and let them do it automatically. This can take a few days …

• wateroakley
    wateroakley Volunteer Moderator

@hbmcwallace best to leave firmware updates to their own devices.

• Constantly get low battery warnings too - I'm using the v3+ thermostats with the recommended Panasonic Eneloop 1900mah batteries. Have had this issues for years. It's frustrating that this hasn't been fixed, despite now paying £29.99/y for tado. Tado needs to have an option to pick between Alkaline (non-rechargeable) and Nimh (rechargeable batteries). The issues is that alkaline batteries have a slightly different voltage and clearly they haven't calibrated their battery algorithm to identify the difference.