hot water issue

Options
pavelo
pavelo
edited November 2019 in General Questions & Topics

Hi there,

Problem description: when we separately turn hot water and heating system on, and things seams to be working fine.

But I've notices over number of days what we have a quite a big amount of hot water in hot water system (hot water cylinder) even we not preparing hot water.

Essentially, and I discovered this experimentally by pouring out all hot water, when I am turning on just a heating, it looks like it's doing both things at a time. As result, we have big amount of extremely hot water in the water cylinder.

I would suspect that there must be some option in tado controller(s) to prevent this, as things seams could be trigger separately, so I am not sure if this was due to installation issues (installation was done by professional local installer).

Answers

• dennisoliver
    Options

Are you sure this is a Tado issue? If the hot water is heating when the water is off but heating is on it could be a motorised valve in your heating system that is causing the problem. If the valve is stuck open it could be sending hot water to your cylinder and heating the water when water should only be sent to the radiators.

• pavelo
    pavelo
    edited November 2019
    Options

Well, I don't think its related to Tado. I am more curious with the reason why this could happen?

Its really could be an issue with motorised valve or the way how components been re-connected to the back to new system. Anyway, I would find out in a few day I would guess.