w.Intercom = i;Combining TRV's into room groups — tado° Community

Combining TRV's into room groups

New to Tado so please excuse me if this is already possible… I have fitted 18 thermostatic valves to our heating system that is plumbed as 3 separate zones. Some rooms have multiple radiators that obviously show up individually in the operating app. Is it possible to cluster these into one room group which then averages out individual rad temp's to give overall room control? To me, the obvious way to achieve this would be 'dragging' of the individual rad icons into each other thus creating a room group, you could then re-name, rather like organising an iPhone home screen. So far very impressed with the product.

Comments

• wateroakley
    wateroakley Volunteer Moderator

@Mrloudly 'Rooms' can have multiple devices. Group multiple physical TRVs in the same room into one 'Room' in the app. You can choose which TRV will be the temperature measuring device. If you fit a wireless room sensor in the 'Room', the app should default to the wireless sensor.

E.g. A 'Room' with two radiators and two TRVs. One TRV is the measuring device:

• 281HR
    281HR
    edited October 18
    Not sure if I have a useful response but the fact that you have smart stats renders the existing previously used zones redundant. Each stat is now an independent 'Zone'. Just write a schedule for each zone, aligning each to suit your zoning requirements.