w.Intercom = i;Tado ebus and Vaillant AntiCycling — tado° Community

Tado ebus and Vaillant AntiCycling

So I have connected my tado wireless receiver to the ebus on my vaillant ecotec pro 24. Seems to run okay but after the tado drops its call for heat the boiler immediately goes into anti cycling timeout for 20 mins. Is this normal or do I need to change something?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• eezytiger
    eezytiger ✭✭✭
    edited October 14

I don't know about your boiler, but I have a Vaillant EcoTec Plus 831, and 20 minutes (dependent upon flow temp) anti-cycling is standard. The timeout can be modified through the menus. If you find a copy of the manual for your boiler you should find a brief explanation of the feature and options for alteration.

FWIW I could not get on with eBus control of my boiler by Tado. The boiler is simply too powerful, with a minimum output of 9 kW, to maintain the sort of low flow temps (e.g. 33C) that Tado typically might request. The boiler would fire for maybe less than a minute and then shut down, enter anti-cycling mode and wait till it could fire again. I was forced to use relay control as the only sensible way to operate the boiler for any length of time.

Your boiler may be very different in its abilities, but that's my little story.