w.Intercom = i;My list of features I'd like to see — tado° Community

My list of features I'd like to see

It's getting on for a year since I installed Tado to control my heating and hot water and I still think it's a great system - no regrets - but I thought I would list some features I'd really like to see in future updates.

I generally use Home Assistant to control Tado which works really well. I've implemented most of these things there, but I don't see any reason why they couldn't be done natively in Tado.

Holiday Mode: I know this has been discussed before, but it would be really useful to have a single button to turn everything off (Heating & HW → frost control) and set a date for when it should turn itself back to auto. This is relatively simple to implement in Home Assistant and don't see why it couldn't be done in Tado.

I know the Away mode does some of this, but I've found I need to override geofencing settings for some time blocks as my underfloor heating takes ages to heat up. As an example, if I pop out for an early morning run, I don't want to come back to a cold house without hot water.

Individual person geofencing: I don't have individual TRVs but do have separate zones for upstairs and downstairs (radiators upstairs, underfloor heating downstairs). I work from home most days (downstairs) so tend to keep it relatively warm, but my wife works from home upstairs more sporadically.

I've found it really useful to have presence settings in Home Assistant so it's warmer upstairs when my wife is at home during the day. If I had TRVs I guess I'd limit this to one room (the one she works in).

Heating & hot water burst: Last winter I found having dedicated buttons in Home Assistant to turn the upstairs or downstairs heating on for one hour to be really useful. This can be done easily enough on the App, but it's not quite a one-button click.

Temperature graphs in one place: Not really a big one, but in Home Assistant I have a single graph with upstairs and downstairs temperature. I've found it more useful than having to look at separate graphs.

As I said, I'm not knocking Tado - I really like it - but would be nice to see some enhancements in the future.

1 votes

Active · Last Updated