How to wire extension kit to simply turn the mains power to the boiler on or off.

Options

I have a very old oil boiler which only has a simple power supply to the boiler and a stat on the boiler itself to control the temperature of the boiler itself.

Their are NO room stats or and other control equipment. If it's cold I turn power to the boiler on and adjust the stat depending how hot I want the water in the boiler / radiators to be.

So I plan to cut the mains cable to the boiler and wire through an extension kit which of course if then wirelessly connected to the Tado smart room stat.

I just need to know what the wiring diagram should be. It should just be simple L+N+E in and Earth common with a switched Live (or Neutral or both) but I am unsure what each of the connectors in the ext box do.

Tado just tell me to remove the old unit and wire accordingly but I don't have an old unit.

Any help would be much appreciatted.

Kind Regards

Stuart

Comments

• Thanks very much for that, it's much appreciatted. It's as I though but wanted to check. I got my new unit on Monday the old one packed up and I had to buy a new unit although I'll get a 50% refund when I send it back.

Tado Support have been useless.

I'll give that a try

Thanks again.