Smart thermostat turning itself off

Hi all,
My tado has been working fine for over a year.
Over the last few weeks however it is turning off before my rads heat up.
It also happens on manual control.
It will come on and then after about 5 mins or less I can hear the relay click and it will turn off.
According to the app and the display it should be on as I've set temp to max and current temp is about 17 degrees.
Is it a sensor issue?

Comments

• diegoferrini
    edited October 2020

Since few month I have the same problem, I wake up in the morning and the heating is off even there is no 'off' in my programming. It happened I found the heating off randomly during the day without any explainable reason. Tado system is really bugged and poorly designed, I will get rid of it as soon as possible.

•  "Tado system is really bugged and poorly designed, I will get rid of it as soon as possible."

I agree on the above

I have bought 5 new thermostats for over 500 EUROS and they have a similar issue.

Now i am trying to see if i can resolve the problem my self or before i spend more money to buy an other thermostat from an other brand

• Did anyone get any resolution to this? One of my rad controls turns "OFF" at midnight. I have to reset it using the app every morning.

• I have found it happened to me, I checked my gear and found that the schedule takes over, and you can't do anything but put the temp up or down, and that's the only way I can control my heating. And I can't turn schedule off at all so it's a pain, but I would check to see if this is your problem.
  • Check the graph display. They do stupid things when internet is lost, they think there is an open window, connectivity is lost.

If mine goes bonkers I push the wall stat button until it restarts itself. I never had the problem with the older thermostat it just worked. This newer one seems to be more prone to getting confused and stuck and needing a reset when it goes stupid.