WTH!?! Early start at 4:20am

Woke up to a hot room at 4:30am this morning to find the heating in our bedroom was on. Early start was set on a 7am schedule start. The room only takes an hour to heat up, why that early?

Comments

• I’ve had mixed results with early start too. It be good if you good define how early early start starts. Or maybe it just learns over time and it knows better than us?
  • Same. First day on Tado . Smart Schedule set 18:45 at 18c .. But early start started at 17:00 at 15c , how on earth this is supposed to save money and energy I don’t know
  • Turn off pre-warm, it's in the setting
  • My winter oil consumption has gone up from 75 litres a week to 100 litres per week and I have the early start switched on. I've just read this and switched early start off. I can't see how Tado is going to save me money by using 25 extra litres of oil (at more than 50p per litre) each week....

• Okay, so I have turned off the early start feature across my house, increased the lowest temperature overnight in my children's bedrooms by a degree and set the daytime temperature to go live half an hour earlier. Ran this for a week and my oil consumption has dropped to 50 litres for that week.

Admittedly, it has been mild but no milder than previously. I'll keep an eye on this as I check the oil level weekly and keep a spreadsheet of usage.

But this early start thing doesn't work!

• Is there a way to see what time Tado told the boiler to switch on with early start?