No per month charge for automation (auto-assist) l

I do understand why push-notificatioms are free, but not why auto-assist is not.
It seems like an important feature that should be included when Tado sells their products as automation and smart products.
Why do I have to pay per month after I have bought the product? It kind of eats into the money (I might have) saved on heating.

I will return my products within a year if not all features are free of charge.

Kind regards
Peter Truels Wulff
14 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• It’s incredibly annoying to receive a “switch to away mode?” Notification and to not be able to click a “yes/no” button on my Apple Watch.

A monthly subscription isn’t worth it, so they should either give that to me free of charge or stop sending me notifications I can’t respond to without unlocking my phone.
  • GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    Hi @luka,
    Go to "settings" select "Notifications" then deselect the ones you don't want.
  • Hi all,

It might be interesting to think a bit differently about the monthly subscription. Instead of it being about auto features, consider as funding the feature development of the app and digital features making your investment in the physical technology more valuable to you over time. If Tado only have funding coming from the sale of hardware, it’s a one-off and doesn’t help them to make the product better, just bring out more hardware. We want our hardware to become better and more useful not be outdated every couple of years. The subscription helps Tado to develop the software side. At least, this is the way I rationalise it.

Cheers,

Yossarian