Tado not causing heating demand despite rooms being too cold

Options

I have three rooms that are several degrees below the required temperature (up to 4 degrees celicus). They have been this way for some time (30 minutes+).

However, they are not causing central heating demand on the boiler.

Two of the rooms are controlled by radiator stats, and the other by a room stat and two radiator stats.

All of the devices are showing as connected, with good signal strength.

Its getting pretty cold in here.

Why is there no heating demand at the boiler?

Answers

• Hi,

If everything is connected, then it is most likely a configuration issue - either the devices are not assigned to the heating circuit as they should be, or there is an issue with the driver. Either way, this is something that an engineer should look into - please use this contact form for help if you haven't already.

Best regards,

Frank

• sollyman
    Options

Can we get an update on the resolution of this issue please either from clough360 or Tado Support. Thankyou.

• clough360
    Options

I'm grateful for the response, but the answer wasn't spectacularly helpful for me, and I still have the issue.

I was hoping for some information to help my diagnose this myself, rather than calling on an engineer. I'm a technical person working in ICT for a living, so am well versed with diagnosing these issues myself. I was rather hoping for some pointers of what I could look at, even at an API or log level. However I do appreciate that they don't really want people rooting around at that level.

• Hi @clough360

Unfortunately it isn't possible for end-users to check the configuration (yet), hence why I asked you to contact support.

We are looking at how to make this possible though, because more and more customers have complex heating systems with multiple circuits, and we want them to be able to install without having to wait for us to manually configure stuff.

Unfortunately, it takes a long time to be able to make something that is quite complex be user-friendly.

Best regards,

Frank

• Strett66
    Strett66
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I am having the same problem. The boiler is not firing up even though the room temperature is very low and below the programmed setting. I have noticed that it I turn the water off then the boiler starts within a few seconds. Looks like tado can't control heating and water at the same time?
  • Hi @Strett66

Boilers will give hot water precedence over heating, so if a tap is open somewhere, the boiler output will go towards that. Once the tap is closed, it will then pump the energy into the heating circuit again.

tado° also won't get the boiler to fire, it will just tell it if there is a demand or not (and with analogue and digital interfaces tell it how high the demand is). It is up to the boiler to decide if and when to fire up. For example, if there is a storage tank full of hot water, or the return-flow temperature is quite high, it won't unnecessarily pump more energy into the system.

If you find that your heating isn't working when your tado° is calling for hot water, then there might be an issue that should be looked at by our support - please contact them over this form.

Best regards,

Frank