No Remote Access

One of my new Rad valves constantly shows as No Remote Access This radiator is the furthest away from the bridge.

Im not sure if that's a factor or not if it is how can I resolve the issue.

Am I right in thinking that the system is controlled by radio waves? from the bridge to the valves and room stat?

I would love to know how it all talks to each other to get a better idea of how my new system works

I have 9 smart valves on 9 rads 1 wireless Smart stat in the hall with a rad without a TRV and a extension unit and a bridge

All knowledge is helpful Thank you

Brian

Answers

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭

@Boomba

Is there any way you can move the bridge to keep all devices in touch? The following may help:

• I'll give moving it a try, but this may prove difficult due to location of the router

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭

@Boomba If you have PowerLine adapters, you could plug it in anywhere - that's what I did - works well.

• I did have some.Ill have to see if Ive still got them and give it ago.

Thanks.

• I originally registered a smart thermostat and two radiator valves in my account. I moved home, realized my thermostat was not compatible and have tried to set just the rad valves but see only ‘No remote access’. I have followed trouble shooting but no change. Are the rad valves linked to my smart thermostat somehow? If I power this up will remote access be restored even if I cannot connect it to my boiler?

• Hi @Boomba,
    To confirm that the issue is caused by the physical distance of the SRT, you should swap it for an SRT that is connecting correctly. If the replacement SRT is now showing "no remote access" then it's definitely the physical distance that is causing the problem.......if it is still the original SRT (in the new location) that has "no remote access".....then you could try to replace the existing batteries, just to remove that possibility.