through the night.

I have recently installed a new sky hub router; this is when

this issue began.

Any advice?

Thanks

Answers

• GrilledCheese2
    Options

When you leave home wireless activity stops and so your router goes to sleep to save power. I assume you’re using the USB port to power the bridge? Switch to a separate power supply and it may fix your problem. The router will still sleep, but the bridge can stay awake 24/7.

• Andy19877
    Options
    No, i have ethernet from the bridge to the router and the power is from a separate plug. Also the router doesn't go to sleep as my smart lights all work when i am out of the house.

Any other suggestions are appreciated
  • GrilledCheese2
    Options

Okay the power source is not your problem. I assure you that your router does sleep though. Modern microcontrollers have inbuilt sleep modes that disable peripheral functions and pause processor execution for fractions of a second to conserve power. It’s just not normally visible to the user.

• Andy19877
    Options

thanks, to prove this isn’t the case I have just disconnected my iPhone from the home network while playing music via the sonos and also working on my laptop (sending emails etc basically using the internet) and I have tried to turn the heating on and have "no remote access" showing on my thermostat while my bridge shows full connection.

again, any help is appreciated, this is really annoying me and I

have seemed help from tech but what they have asked me to do has not changed a

thing

• GrilledCheese2
    GrilledCheese2 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Options

It could be the firewall on the router is blocking some inbound services to protect your home from hackers, but I wouldn’t expect that to be an intermittent issue. It would block your phone every time it disconnected from WiFi to cellular.

• Js12345
    Options
    My Tado smart bridge is not working at all,
    I had to change the batteries on the smart thermostat and now it is not synchronised to the smart extension kit, i cannot synchronise because the bridge is not working,
    I can only switch heating
    ( water switches on also ) on & off
    no control of settings , and Tado have now decided to escalate the “investigation “ to look further into this .
    Meantime with escalating fuel costs , I cannot switch my heating on too much because the hot water switches on also, I have no control over this
    I have asked for help but Tado has been very unhelpful, I live in Scotland, pensioner and I have cancer .
    I have to be honest the Tado app has very good info and I have learnt so much about my heating system which I was very happy with until this problem Delores
  • Js12345
    Options
    Smart bridge not working, smart thermostat not working, unable to synchronise !