Radiator Thermostats not pairing.

Options

I'm new to Tado, replacing my previous Hive controller with a Tado receiver, temperature sensor and 4 x radiator stats just a week ago. All installed easily and working well, so I decided to buy a further 2 radiator stats, however no matter what I try, I can't get these accepted into my system.

They appear to pair ok (3 lights go solid), but the connection spinning circle within the app, just keeps spinning and doesn't find them at all.

I've tried pairing closer to the bridge, moving the Bridge, endless resets.... Two messages to what appears to be non-existant Tado support, with no response at all!

Anyone else had this issue? Could it be faulty stats/old stock (Amazon)? I've noticed there's a big difference in the firmware version of my existing ones 75.2 and my two new ones 54.12.

Any help appreciated.

Best Answer

• Csaba
    Csaba
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi everyone something is happening at TADO's
    The TVRs joined in a row, though I didn’t even say anything ... I don’t know if it’s just a sight or they really work.

Answers

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    Hi @Harrik68,
    Not really sure if I can help....but the first thing I would suggest is replace the batteries with 'brand new' 'high quality' batteries.....don't assume that your original batteries are good.
    Replace and try to re-install the SRT's into your system.

I'm really surprised at the firmware version that your 'new' SRT's are showing....I would have expected that a new Tado SRT would come 'fully loaded' with the latest firmware installed.....however they should 'update' as soon as an update is pushed out.
  • Harrik68
    Options

@GrayDav4276 Thanks for the reply, but yes already tried replacing the batteries, made no difference unfortunately. Yeah I'm surprised at the difference in firmware too, especially since it seems quite a big difference, although not sure of the incremental steps Tado release.

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    Hi @Harrik68,
    I think that you should raise the issue with Tado support if the new batteries hasn't worked.
  • sma
    Options

Having similar issue. Bought a starter kit V3+ and it works fine. Now, I am trying to install 4 additional smart radiator thermostat and they sometimes pair correctly (3 lights go solid) but the app shows spinner.

• uo_1978
    Options

Same issue. Everything works with the starter kit, however, doesn't work with 4 additional thermostats bought on Amazon two week ago.

• michmtt
    michmtt
    edited December 2020
    Options

same issue here, the radiator thermostat packed with the bridge is working fine, I also bought a pack of 2 and one of one (and then again a single one) the single packs can 't be paired, same issue as described here! (they are paired actually, but the app stops;.. spinning wheel)

I see the hardware of the latest received (ordered a few days after) is newer, but same issue.

the worse is in homekit i can see the actual temperature and set it (the radiator head is then showing the set temperature from homekit) but not working in tado app nor google home

I raised a question too to the support, so far nothing.

• Peter_Sandeman
    edited December 2020
    Options

I'm having the same issue with two new wireless temperature sensors I bought direct from Tado. I've tried everything I can find on the knowledge base but nothing works.

I've logged two support requests with Tado but not even had an automated response saying they have got them. Is Tado support usually this poor?

• QianWangjun
    edited December 2020
    Options

same issue here, is anyone find a solution to pass the fu** spinning wheel?

just tried to remove the one from the starter kit and added again evrything works fines. Then try to add new ones and it not working at all.

• Harrik68
    Options

In some ways, it's good to hear I'm not alone with this issue, but would be great to hear if anyone's found a solution?

Tado's non-existant support is a really poor show - still not any acknowledgement to my support requests!

Think I'm going to send mine back to Amazon.

• Kirkevaenget
    edited December 2020
    Options

Same problem here today on installing SRT nr. 5. Removed batteries. After 30 min restarted installation and pairing worked ok.

• Csaba
    Csaba
    edited December 2020
    Options

can the solution be that i wait on rotating wheel for a longer time because the device will update in the background and then proceed with the installation?

• GoodBranch
    Options

Do you think, seriously, Tado has folded?!

They have not been visible on this Community forum for couple of days. Multiple complaints and zero response!

• sma
    sma
    edited December 2020
    Options

Although I have contacted the support team, I haven't received any responses from them. I just want to assume that they are busy and working on a fix for the app.

• let them connect over hours nothing works, tired to remove batteries too

I will try to connact amazon support if nothing works thanks amazon for their services hahahah
  • ldebroux
    Options
    Hello, adding one guy to the list of guys having this problem.
    Tried many resets and setups too ans nothing worked.
  • QianWangjun
    edited December 2020
    Options
    same here all paired one star to work and pairing others are ok now
  • Harrik68
    Options
    Yeah, that's mine connected now too. Tado obviously did a fix in the background. Good they've got it fixed, but some communication would have been nice!
  • sma
    Options

Ok. So mine is connected as well.

Few points:

1. You need to wait a bit. I have the feeling that the frameware of the thermostat valve needs to be updated before the spinner changes to a checkmark. So, after the pairing is successful (3 dashed lines), wait for some time, probably the smart thermostat valve is updating.
    2. I really appreciate that the Tado team fixed the issue. But a clear communication was missing. They have to tell us something like they are aware of the issue and they are working on it.
  • GoodBranch
    Options

Hi

Second that my system LOT better and many of my gripes have disappeared and Jurian very kindly replied about another issue I had. Thank you again!

I do agree that it would be good to learn of the firmware updates more just to reassure us that they are aware of the issues and working on them as I still think Tado is really good and the SRT's/TVR's nice bit of gear.