Our house is so too hot all the time since installing Tado. We can’t sleep at night!

Options
No idea if we have set this up wrong. We have installed the main thermostat wired direct to the combination boiler replacing a standard thermostat.
We also have 2 of the smart radiator valves.

I’ve set a smart schedule to be 16 degrees at night and 18.5 in the day.

The smart schedule seems to do nothing. The heating seems to stay at about 22 degrees at night. It’s noisy and hot.

My wife is wondering why we got a smart system if now it’s so hot! Any ideas?

Comments

• Sounds like a similar issue to the one we are having. The boiler is often on and running though the night even though none of the Tado devices are calling for heat. Very frustrating.

Waiting for a response from Tado but for now I have resorted to putting the boiler on a clockwork plug timer so it’s off overnight just as a sticking plaster solution.

Hope you get this sorted soon. If I get a resolution I’ll pass it on.
  • PaulH
    Options

I also have this problem, but my house has two heating circuit zones. so I purchased two wired thermostats (and some TRVs).

The 1st zone with TRVs has been working perfectly fine, all devices can call for heat as they require, and once its up to temp, it shuts off the boiler after about 3 to 5 mins. and is not affected by below problem

Zone 2, is just a wired thermostat - wired up the same (COM and N/O only), no other tado devices and the radiator valve is wide open

As soon as I mount the thermostat onto its backplate, the boiler is on, and stays on forever... and the room gets HOT.... until I take the thermostat OFF the backplate, boiler is off almost immediately. I have not found any solution as of yet, and have posted it here, on reddit and have had a support request open for 4 days so far without any reply from them.

• PaulH
    Options

In case this helps you, tado support resolved my issue

Multizone multi thermostat + TRVs — tado° Community