One off scheduling...

Options
Jodrell
Jodrell
edited December 2020 in General Questions & Topics

Is there any way I can tell a room to heat up later, but not have it as part of a permanent Smart Schedule?

I'm riding in our gym* at 6.25 tonight so will ideally need the heating to come on about half an hour before, but tomorrow I might be riding at 5 or not at all. I therefore don't want to setup a full Smart Schedule for that room (the heating in there is off all the time in that room on the Smart Schedule) but also don't want to forget...and I don't want to turn it on now as it's too early.

What's the best option for what I'm trying to do here?

*front room

Answers

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

@Jodrell I think you should make your Butler responsible for heating that room! Seriously though, unless there is a pattern, I cannot see anyway round the issue unless you have only 3 options in which case you could use schedule days which has 3 sets.

• Jodrell
    Jodrell
    edited December 2020
    Options

That's the problem, there is no defined schedule. I know now that I want the heating on in an hour because I'm using that room isn 1.5 hours.

I tried telling Siri to do it but she can't schedule commands :-/

• Stewart
    Options
    I have the same need. One off schedules created in advance that override but don't overwrite the normal schedules.

For a smart system it's an obvious thing to enable.

Like I'm out for 4 hours, turn back on for the bedroom to be warm when I get home.