Tado app says "heating to", but system is not heating at all. Temperature keeps dropping.

Options

I have the Tado system now for several weeks, but I'm not happy with it at all. Many times I find my rooms or certain rooms either to hot or to cold. The information that the app provides is incorrect many times.

In this case, I'm working sitting in a room and noticed that it's getting colder and colder. Via smart scheduler it should heat to 22 degrees. The temperature has dropped now to 21.1. The app says "heating to 22.0°" but my heating system is not heating at all!

So what's happening here? It doesn't make sense. Tado should not provide wrong information and should not wait that long with heating and let the temperature drop. It's uncomfortable having to sit in cold, then heat, then cold again.

Anyone else having this too? It seems that there is a big delay in communication between the thermostate and the heating system.

Answers

• Herres
    Herres ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Pjis,

I see two possible solutions.

The simple one: it might be that the measured temperature differs from what the Tado knob measures, and the knob needs calibration. You can simply adjust this by using "temperature compensation" for the specific room in your app.

The more complicated one: it might be that the heating parameters in your heater need some adjustments. For example, maybe it gives too much heat for heating just one small radiator. In that case it will stop functioning while cooling down. It will not heat properly in this way. You could best ask your maintenance man or installer if you are not acquainted with this matter.

• Pjisonline
    Options

Hi, thanks for you response. Regarding the first solution: because the knob was indeed giving me the wrong temperature of the room it was unreliable. I have added a wireless temperature sensor. This device decides now the temperature of that room.

The second solution is something I also thought about. The heater seemed to be set for maximum performance, hot temperature, fast pump settings, high power. This is very inefficient so indeed I have asked a company to check this and optimize the settings. In the mean time, I have lowered the temperature, the power and the pumpspeed myself to see if this makes a difference.

• HotPotato
    Options

Hi PJis,

me and some other users have a similar problem - but the inverse:

In our cases:

Tado app says "heating to", but app is set to lower the temperature, but.... Temperature keeps rising.

I'm nice and toasty-warm all the time - but it's expensive. And oftem I'm getting too hot!

It could even be dangerous.

Anyway - here's the "sister" thread to yours:

https://community.tado.com/en-gb/discussion/8156/tado-app-gets-heating-to-temp-wrong-and-keeps-overheating-the-house#latest

• Hi HP,

Yes, I exactly had that problem too. This used to happen in the morning mostly. The room was getting hotter and hotter, target temperature already passed and the system would continue to heat. It was very frustrating. What probably solved it was that I found out that me heating system was set at too high performance. So the temperature was 70 degrees, but the power was high and the pump speed was also very high. My radiators made a hissing sound when heating. I changed the settings to lower and now this issue seems solved. But I keep an eye on it because I changed it very recently.