Plug required?

Options

Hi there,

I recently purchased a Starter Kit VS, Wireless Smart Thermostat Incl Programmer with Hot Water Control

My boiler is a Vailant EcoTEC Pro and I have previously not had a Thermostat.

I have managed to set up the Thermostat and the Internet Bridge.

My issue is with the Wireless Receiver. The instructions advise that I need to wire this into the boiler (making sure the power is off, of course) however, it is further instructing that I should buy a plug and wire it into the receiver and plug this into a socket?

My boiler is in the bathroom and the power cable that feeds to the boiler is in casing and goes underneath tiling and to a socket which can be controlled in the hall.

Have I understood this correctly? If so, I will not be able to plug this in and will need to return it.

Any help is much appreciated!

Answers

• Jurian
    Options

Please get a professional installer.

The installer can just tap into the 230V supply from the boiler to get a 230V supply for the wireless receiver.

That way, no need for a plug.

Give him access to: www.tado.com/professional-manuals

• DonnanneH
    Options

Hi, did you get this resolved? I'm facing the same issue and wondering whether I need to take the product back to the store or if it can be wired into the actual boiler instead of needing to be plugged into a socket.

Thanks in advance

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Did you see Jurian’s response? If you’re unsure how to take power from the boiler I’d get a professional to do it.
  • DonnanneH
    Options
    Yes thank you. I saw the suggestion but I wanted to know if it actually did work out or if a professional actually said it wasn't possible.
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    It would be a very unusual gas-fired boiler in the UK that couldn’t provide power, put it that way. If you look at the manual it should tell you where the l and n connections are.