[User Feedback Request] Quick Actions (formerly Global ON/OFF)

Options
2»

Comments

• rorschar
    Options
    Fully understandable

@Adriaan, I cannot see it. maybe I am doing something wring from my APP tado in my iPhopne (IOS).

Do you have a screenshot?

• jcwacky
    Options
    Mostly understandable
    @rorschar Have you downloaded the latest beta version of the app. I.e. not from the App Store, but via Test Flight? See previous comments about how to get the beta app. The new buttons are obvious above the zone tiles when you have the right version of the app.
  • rorschar
    Options
    Fully understandable
    @jcwacky I don’t know how to download it. I downloaded test flight app, but there I cannot download the Tado app.

I am a bit lost
  • jcwacky
    Options
    Mostly understandable
    @rorschar Have you joined the Tado beta program? See @Adriaan’s post from yesterday.
  • rorschar
    Options
    Fully understandable

@jcwacky I tried to do what he proposed me, but I cannot find the button or place to accept the beta program in the Tado app

• Adrian (tado°)
    Options

@rorschar It should look like this, but it is only available for EN/DE speaking users.

• rorschar
    rorschar
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Fully understandable

Hello

I don't have it because my app is in Spanish, I cheked and changing the language it works. Thanks a lot

• Klaus_Ludwig
    Options
    Mostly understandable

The Turn Off and Resume Schedule functions are excellent.

Regarding boost, it was not immediately obvious for how long and 30 minutes is insufficient for any worthwhile temperature change for a fair percentage of the rooms in my house.

I would suggest that the Boost control ideally needs to have further functionality:-

1) Be user pre-configurable for rooms and temperature (boost or not and what set point). Appreciate that the set point may not be reached during the boost duration.

2) Boost duration selectable at Boost activation from a number of fixed options (e.g. 30 min to 3 hours) - possibly by multi-pushes of same button.

3) Option to cancel boost at any time.

Without the boost config options I believe that end user experience for the 25 degrees 30 min solution is likely to vary considerably and for some it may be totally ineffective.

Regarding Jurian's "keep it at the top, but we have a button to fold these quick actions out of sight ?" - Yes I would vote for that.

• Adrian (tado°)
    Options

Hi All,

iOS Beta was updated, major changes are:

• Boost Heating will also work with the AC Rooms.

• Boost Cooling was added, which sets the AC Rooms to Cool mode, lowest temperature, for 30 mins.

• Heatexpert
    Options
    Fully understandable

Very useful features; will be welcome once fully rolled out to all parts of the app. I am fully in favour of these.

I think it is always possible to refine some parts, e.g. boost, but if you want more control over the boost function you can always make changes to individual rooms.

The whole point of a quick button is to make a quick global change, so a boost to maximum temperature for 30 minutes seems the best option to me. It should be long enough to make some difference to temperatures without being excessive. For more control, simply make manual changes as normal.

• Jaroslav
    Options
    Mostly understandable

Thanks for the new features, but I think this duplicates in some way the manual "away" function.

What I would most appreciate would be the possibility to have "until when".. Lets say "Boost" for 20 minutes.. or "All off" for 2 days (with calendar..?).. The same with the manual Away function.

We are aiming for is automation.. I would add this to the "resume schedule" button, and/or to the manual away.. Maybe you are away for 5 days, will be quite cold, so the heat up will take much more time than usual, but you know when you will arrive... Especially useful at winter when going for holidays.

Also some other smartHome companies already have this (friend showed me this feature)

• M111CJN
    Options

I like the idea of this, I’m doing something similar using HomeKit scenes to boost the temperature of various rooms.

I have also taken it one step further with my UFH, as I find the variable power approach of the Tado thermostat just runs the boiler for ages without actually affecting the temperature in the room, so I now have automation routine running that boosts the UFH by 1.5 degrees when it reaches a minimum temperature. It is time limited based on manual timer setting.

• Jurian
    Options

Thanks everyone for your feedback, we will probably ask for more specific user feedback soon!

• gary333
    gary333 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Mostly understandable

Here is my feedback regarding the "Turn Off" and "Resume Schedule".

*The "Turn Off" facility makes total sense.

I like that it doesn't turn the hot water off in "Home" mode but if you press "Turn Off" whilst in "Away" mode it does keep the "Hot Water" turned off. All very sensible, no issues :)

*The "Resume Schedule" although makes some sense I do think it will cause issues and gives an inconsistent UX

The reason I think this might cause some issues is that whilst in "Turn Off" mode there is no visual representation to the user (apart from everything being in frost protection mode) that the heating is off. To avoid confusion the Turn Off button should now say "HEATING OFF" rather than disappearing. Conversely I think to turn the heating back on the button should say "Turn On" (the resume schedule could be supporting text, however it needs to really simplistic to avoid non-technical people issues). The On/Off button could be a single one potentially. Effectively what I am getting at is power control should be a visual toggle so that at a glance anyone can see it's either off or on. I think it's logical that turning heating to "ON" would resume the schedule, however the resume schedule could be seen by non-technical users as a Eh? moment.

*The Boost option - It's a mixed bag, I love the option, but think the descriptive of what it does should be clearer

I feel this option would be far more useful if when you pressed the button it asked for how long (preset, say 30 mins, 1 hour, 2 hour). I also think it might make more sense to go with the way other industry controllers work by upping by 2 degrees rather than just a run away train. Totally understand why Tado shows the 25oC, but could cause some people to worry that the heating is going to be maxed out. I think how it's currently setup works for a Global On, but many people will be used to how the Boost feature works on other controllers which use current pre-programmed temp and uplift temps for a given time period.

Hope this helps.

• wbjohn
    Options
    Fully understandable

My initial feedback - great addition.

Fully understand what the buttons do and work exactly as expected.

Turn OFF - I like the way it turns all devices to frost protection and button dissapears

Resume Schedule - is one of the requests I have liked in past. it is exactly what people need to restore the whole heating system to auto mode not having to go into each individual thermostat to reset.

Boost Heating - I am happy with the boost period and method as per the definition - to increase or improve and it takes away my current method of upping all the rads and worrying they have not returned to auto

• Wozzer
    Wozzer
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Fully understandable

I think these three buttons are a brilliant addition but please can you expose them to Siri Shortcuts so they can be used with window and door sensors.

• Jurian
    Jurian | Admin
    Options

Thanks for all the feedback.

I will close this topic now since the feature will be released soon.

This discussion has been closed.