Support for multiple people and multiple zones

With current geofencing, if all devices are away from home all zones are set to away. If at least one device is at home, all zones are set to home.

Ideally, this should be more granular. As an example:

• We have two devices, mine and my partners.
  • We have four zones: my study, my partner's study, a shared bedroom and a shared living space.
  • When I am away from home, my study should be set to away
  • When my partner is away from home, their study should be set to away
  • When we are both away from home, all zones should be set to away
  • When I am at home, my study and shared areas should be set to home
  • When my partner is at home, their study and shared areas should be set to home

This means we no longer heat areas of the home that the system will know are not in use because at least one actor is away. I have been able to set this type of behaviour up using homekit, as homekit can switch off the relevant radiator thermostat but this means we work in manual mode rather than using the power of the tado system.

5 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• https://community.tado.com/en-gb/discussion/1377/individual-geofence-option
  • Wow. And it seems like it could be done by simply creating a relationship between device and zone.

• I have recently installed tado and desperately want this feature, mainly for my children returning from school and I don't need all rooms to be heated, also we sometimes work from home and again don't need all rooms heated
    I also noticed that the app didn't recognize that we were all out of the house and the heating is staying on
  • When I purchased the Tado system about 3 years ago, I was told that multi zone geofencing was coming. That was one of the deciding factors in me purchasing - as all of us in the property work and go in and out independently - at the moment I am wasting energy unless I manually change rooms when someone is out - as if there is always at least one person in - it becomes pretty much useless.

I am really angry with Tado for not making multi zone an update as promised three years later. What the flip is the issue - I'm sure ( having some knowledge with coding ) that it would not take much to do and I have already complained at least twice about this but it looks like they don't care and just want to take your money.

Maybe I will ask for a full refund as it's not fit for purpose and get a system that actually does this - especially when we are all meant to be more eco conscious - what about our carbon footprint Tado??

• rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭

@Tedious_uk Never rely on what's coming, but concentrate on what's ready and available to customers at the point of purchasing.

You should have gone for tado° Energy Savings Guarantee. Not sure if you can ask for refund, even under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act after 3 years...

• This feature has been requessted for years. Shame Tado are so so so slow in providing feature that are clearly so useful. They could even claim more energy saving status. What a shame they only care about selling and not providing anything else.