Support for multiple people and multiple zones
With current geofencing, if all devices are away from home all zones are set to away. If at least one device is at home, all zones are set to home.
Ideally, this should be more granular. As an example:
- We have two devices, mine and my partners.
- We have four zones: my study, my partner's study, a shared bedroom and a shared living space.
- When I am away from home, my study should be set to away
- When my partner is away from home, their study should be set to away
- When we are both away from home, all zones should be set to away
- When I am at home, my study and shared areas should be set to home
- When my partner is at home, their study and shared areas should be set to home
This means we no longer heat areas of the home that the system will know are not in use because at least one actor is away. I have been able to set this type of behaviour up using homekit, as homekit can switch off the relevant radiator thermostat but this means we work in manual mode rather than using the power of the tado system.