Can't alter my settings via the app.

Options

Hi all - I hope someone can help me. My wife and I both have the tado app on our identical android phones. We both noticed that, approximately a week ago, we could no longer connect to the controller to change our settings. We get the yellow 'loading screen' and then, after a few minutes, we get a message saying 'Error; Connecting to the server has failed. Please check your internet connection.'

I know my phone is still connected to the internet as I can access other web pages without problems. I tried connecting to my tado with my laptop and found that I can successfully connect and have full control - so it doesn't look like there's any problem with my hardware, my internet connection or my phone.

Is there a problem with the tado app on android? I even tried re-installing it on my phone and it is still not having any of it. It's still giving me the 'Error; Connecting to the server has failed.' message.

Any clues?

Answers

• NigelD
    Options

Hi I have exactly the same problem on android but my wife's ipad works perfectly on wifi. The only temporary fix I have found is switching off wifi on the phone to use tado which works most of the time but is inconvenient and causes me to use mobile data. My router shows an error message when my android phone tries to access tado via wifi so clearly something is wrong. There is also an error message on intenret bridge pairing although it clearly has partially worked as ipad works. I have asked Tado but their first reply showed they hadnt read my email properly so I have sent another request for help.

Does anyone have a fix for this? I have tried changing permissions and re-installing the app and re-pairing the internet bridge but none of this makes any difference .