Wireless receiver slow blink

My wireless receiver has started a type of occulting blink (more on than off) on the wireless connection light. I can’t find anything that says what this means. Can anybody help? It started after I activated the heating boost function to all devices.

Answers

• No, it is a slower flash. Light mainly on but flashing off every few seconds. What we call occulting in nautical terms.

• Hi @Lindeborg, you will probably need to contact Tado.

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    Hi @Lindeborg
    Is it a Wireless Receiver or an Extension Kit ?? 🤔
  • Hi, it’s the wireless receiver.

• My wireless receiver has started doing exactly the same, in the last couple of week as well. Apart from the slow blinking everything else appears to be working as normal.

Before I contact Tado, did you ever figure out what the blinking meant?

• I never did find out the answer. Mine is only doing it from time to time. I think it is only when there is a communication problem with one or more devices. Seems to sort itself out after a while. It is the WiFi light and the fault light together in tandem. A slow occulting blink.

• Rob2
    Rob2 ✭✭✭

Maybe it indicates lost contact with the internet bridge? That would be common according to the forum posters (but mainly for radiator valves)

• I have noticed the same thing. I think it indicates loss of contact with the bridge because occasionally schedules have been interrupted when it's happening. I wish Tado would be more specific about the meaning of the slow blink . . .

• Mine is still doing this occasionally. Captured this video link below. At the time there was no error showing in the app. All devices seem connected, not least the bridge. Everything seemed to be functioning correctly. Not associated with any routine event. Hot water off at the time. Heating all in frost protection mode due to nice weather. Seems bizarre to me.

https://vimeo.com/557579038

• Same here. Everything seems to be working fine yet we have a device error flashing light.
  • cbd20
    cbd20 ✭✭✭

@Lindeborg and @steve999 I think this is the page you need:

Essentially it looks like your wireless temperature sensor and wireless receiver have lost connection with one another and the system is maintaining the previous known heating and hot water states.

• @cbd20 when you say the temperature sensor and wireless receiver have lost connection, what do you mean? Any suggestions would be great as I didn't know that all the temperature sensors (TRVs etc) had to be within a specified range of the wireless receiver.

I thought everything connected via the bridge and everything needs to be in range of that.

• cbd20
    cbd20 ✭✭✭
    @fluffymitten probably poor wording on my part.

All devices connect to the bridge, however the wireless receiver only knows it needs to operate when it receives a temperature update from a temperature sensor (via the bridge) according to the link I originally added above.

So essentially if one or other device loses connection to the bridge, the wireless receiver cannot get the room temperature information.