I installed a Smart V3 kit to my new boiler. The heating is on regardless of temp set

Options
I had a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 4000 combi boiler recently installed and decided to have a Smart V3 wired kit installed. When it is connected the heating is constantly on with radiators getting red hot. It doesn't matter what temp the thermostat is set to. It just constantly heats even when switched off on Tado. Please help

Answers

• Jurian
    Jurian | Admin
    Options

This usually means that there is a problem with the wiring between tado and the boiler.

Please get a heating electrician to check the wiring.

Here is all the required documentation:

www.tado.com/professional-manuals

• Russell0785
    Options
    Hi there

Thanks for the reply. When they put the boiler in they put new wiring from the boiler to the thermostat. The Worcester Bosch thermostat they installed works fine. I am guessing it must be wired up wrong or Tado doesn't support the boiler as it is new to the market.

Thanks
    Russell
  • DaveMac
    Options
    Did this ever get sorted as exactly the same issue I am having.
  • Russell0785
    Options
    Hi DaveMac Yes it did get sorted. The wires going into the boiler were wired up wrong. I chatted online with a Tado employee and she told me how to wire it up and its worked perfectly ever since
  • DaveMac
    Options
    Was the receiver the the wireless one you had as well? As I’m wondering if that is causing me issues. I might need to get someone in to take a look as not sure my landlord will appreciate me trying to rewire the new boiler.
    It’s frustrating as previously had my old boiler wired to the tado and worked fine.
  • Russell0785
    Options
    No it was a wired one but the box for the wireless one will be wired into the boiler the same way. If you take a picture of the connections and do an online chat with Tado the girl I talked with sorted it in 2 minutes for me
  • DaveMac
    Options
    Thanks. The only person I’m chatting to has basically said I need to replace it with a tado wireless box. Which I can’t believe is true.
  • Russell0785
    Options
    Which boiler have you got?
  • DaveMac
    Options
    The greenstar 4000. The tado help I’m getting isn’t great. They are telling me to get back whoever installed the tado thermostat, but I installed it myself lol
  • Russell0785
    Options
    Oh I see. Inside your tado box that's wired into the boiler do you have 2 ports labelled N0 and COM? If so one wire from N0 to Light Blue 1 connector on boiler. One wire from COM to Light Blue 2 connector on boiler. If you have a white bridging wire between 1 and 2 on the light blue connector on the boiler remove that. I am guessing if your heating is running all the time it is wired into the thermostat connector on the boiler that they put in when you had your boiler put in