Firmware release notes / changelog [firmware 85.1]

Options
2»

Answers

• MichielTado
    Options

For firmware updates I also want the option to choose the moment to install the firmware update.

Especially because Tado is not consistent with its versioning. For the Smart AC a fix was released for homekit issues (v95 which worked btw) but I had a v95 firmware version already in the weeks before that moment, which did not work. This means that it is not easy to see that a firmware has changed and might be the potential cause of an issue.

• mojomoomoo
    Options
    @MichielTado I agree. I mentioned my experience with phone firmware above. I prefer to wait a few weeks to see if others have issue before applying firmware. This on one occasion stopped a bricked(dead) phone as there was a serious bug in the firmware.
  • VdesmedT
    Options

I well understand that Tado do not want to "reveal" the upcoming new features in their app but imo, this si just loosing an opportunity to tease on those features and to hide bugs. It does not give evidence of high maturity in software developement. They could just provide release notes, informing about solved bugs and improvements and just teasing about new features (or just not communicate on that part). Hidding behind the idea of not releasing information about coming new features is still hidding….

• thefunkygibbon
    Options
    pretty sure that an expansion unit firmware update has broken my heating and now it comes on 24/7 full whack with tado thinking it's not turned on at all. started happening a day or so ago but since tado don't even publish fw versions ,, let alone dates , I have zero ways to correlate that info. very annoying and tado don't have support at the weekend. house temp is currently horribly hot and having to turn off the boiler for a few days , verrrrrrry frustrating