Allow heating of rooms that don't have a tado device installed.

Options

I have some radiators without a TRV. Would be good to be able to heat them up i.e: turn on the boiler with the thermostat, but turn off all the other radiators that have tado Smart TRVs.

1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

Well thicko here is waiting with baited breath 'cos I can't think of a way!😪

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

@GrayDav4276 You may well be right but it's really sad that you and your knowledge are leaving this facility. It may be on its last legs but there is still the occasional newbie to be supported and it would be great if you stayed on.

• wateroakley
    wateroakley ✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

@samd This user has tried Tado for 17 months in two homes. With 45 years of computing support, I dont expect someone to tell me what to do. . Notwithstanding the pros and cons of Tado support, our home is saving 40% of heating energy. That's £150 amonth st April 2023 energy prices.

• wateroakley
    Options

It’s been an expensive learning curve, graydav. The heating system was hot air when we moved in.

Changing to a water based gas boiler heating for £10k saved 40%, with ROI of 7 years. The expanding adult family increased energy usage by 25%.

Our manual efforts saved 10%.

The real saving from Tado is, as you say, the ability to control usage patterns. We’re now saving 45% energy for heating and hot water, YoY. Looking around, I can’t find a better control system - Hive, Heatmiser, Honeywell, Tado? . If you can suggest something better? h