Allow heating of rooms that don't have a tado device installed.

Options

I have some radiators without a TRV. Would be good to be able to heat them up i.e: turn on the boiler with the thermostat, but turn off all the other radiators that have tado Smart TRVs.

1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    You can do that already.... if you just think about it.
  • samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

Well thicko here is waiting with baited breath 'cos I can't think of a way!😪

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options
    All non Tado radiators will receive hot water if the boiler is activated.....
    Using a room Thermostat to fire up the boiler while shutting the tado SRT's via the schedule/home page will stop any radiators fitted with tado SRT's receiving hot water.
    However.....if I'm wrong.... then I sincerely apologise for misleading anyone.

Ps.....I'm ditching my tado devices (after 3 years of usage) because in my opinion it's a waste of time and my money.....and has never really produced the claimed advantages that a truly "smart" system could/should.
    So to quote a few "dragons".....
    I'm out......
  • samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

@GrayDav4276 You may well be right but it's really sad that you and your knowledge are leaving this facility. It may be on its last legs but there is still the occasional newbie to be supported and it would be great if you stayed on.

• GrayDav4276
    Options

@samd

Really appreciate your comment.....but there are many CF members that have a much greater depth of knowledge than I do.

There are also far too many newbies that simply are not carrying out the obvious/basic function of a "search" of the Forum.....and therefore there is a complete repitition of "old" questions that are being brought up, each time there is a "new generation" of tado° customers.

The support from tado° now appears to be the last thing on tado°s list of priorities.......

• wateroakley
    wateroakley ✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

@samd This user has tried Tado for 17 months in two homes. With 45 years of computing support, I dont expect someone to tell me what to do. . Notwithstanding the pros and cons of Tado support, our home is saving 40% of heating energy. That's £150 amonth st April 2023 energy prices.

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    That's a really impressive saving per month...... your previous system/method of heating your home must have been really inefficient.
    I personally saved more by altering my usage patterns etc.....nothing to do with direct savings through tado°
    These are purely my observations with my household.
  • wateroakley
    Options

It’s been an expensive learning curve, graydav. The heating system was hot air when we moved in.

Changing to a water based gas boiler heating for £10k saved 40%, with ROI of 7 years. The expanding adult family increased energy usage by 25%.

Our manual efforts saved 10%.

The real saving from Tado is, as you say, the ability to control usage patterns. We’re now saving 45% energy for heating and hot water, YoY. Looking around, I can’t find a better control system - Hive, Heatmiser, Honeywell, Tado? . If you can suggest something better? h

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options
    I can't recommend anything better tbh
    That's why I'm going back to "old school" style of heating control.
    At the moment I've removed all the tado SRT's and refitted my original "dumb" TRV's....I have a Wireless Thermostat for hot water control and a Wireless Temperature Sensor.
    I actually like the Hot Water control via the tado WT...... even though my boiler is a Combi..... I still like to control the max temperature of the Hot Water.....it's not really a necessity.....but it's how I like it.