How customisable are tado’s manual controls?

Options
Hello all. I’m considering setting up my whole house with tado - smart radiator valves included.

I’m yet to find a clear answer on something and wonder if someone can help.

Is it possible to control the whole system manually with one ‘command’? Whether that’s a button in the app or an Alexa voice command.

Probably easiest to give an example. In winter, we tend to dry clothes by putting a clothes horse next to a big radiator in our hallway. Could I, with one command / input, turn off all the radiators in the house except that one? Ideally via a simple Alexa command. Overriding whatever schedule the system was on. Or would I need to make the change manually room by room? I do appreciate this might be an Alexa / controller question as much as a tado question.

I understand the schedules (home/away) and that there is a manual control option. I suppose what I’m after is somewhere in the middle.

I hope that makes sense; thanks in advance!

Answers

• hugbilly
    Options
    Yes, with two commands, “switch off all rooms” followed by turning the one radiator on individually. Then “resume schedule” when you’ve finished . . .
  • boon
    Options
    Thanks very much hugbilly. That’s clear and certainly answers my example.

And my example perhaps wasn’t the best to illustrate what I was getting at.. what I mean is can I create a “profile” of settings - eg “radiator w off, radiator x at a degrees, radiator y at b degrees and radiator z at c degrees” that I can manually start with one prompt?

Almost like an extra schedule, but that isn’t actually scheduled until I call for it.
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    There are automations to do this with HomeKit (though I don’t know how reliable they are) so I suspect there’s something similar with Alexa.
  • hugbilly
    Options

Yes, I guess you could do it quite easily by writing a couple of routines for Alexa to follow . . .

• boon
    Options
    Thanks all! Have a good day.