Terrible Customer Support

Options

Your e-mail/chat only support service with a promise to get back within 24 hours is rubbish. I have been a TADO user for years and have been happy until moving home and now cant use my new system. I am currently applying to my Credit Card company to have the £1500 I just spent returned. This is because my questions are not answered and you don't get back to me as requested and you clearly don't care that I am having terrible problems with my system!

Comments

• BOG73
    Options

Tado is a very misleading product! Mine is in the box,i will not use it till i hear is better or in few years i will smash it with the hammer!

• rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭
    Options

@BOG73 It is unlikely that the existing v3+ range will be significantly better in the future. There are a lot of limitations with the current range and to address these the next release will likely need a brand new hardware.

Tado is working to fix all issues, but they are limited to the overall platform capability (example: local programs support, better signal strength/range, thread support)

• BOG73
    Options

@rafm5 it's overvaluated and misleading the customers into buying Tado for so called 30% or so savings. It gave me more headache,no peace of mind,all the time have to check if something wrong. People bought Tado for peace of mind and savings but neither of this is achieved as long is only cloud system and the bridge is weak.

• rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭
    Options

@BOG73 Personally, I wouldn't expect that much saving out of ANY device, not just tado° as simply you can't unless you are an ignorant and keep the heating on 24h.

Nowadays the Warm Home Discount is funded by a social levy that applies to all energy bills, so increasing support for eligible customers will lead to even larger increases for everyone else.

If you are still unhappy, use the Energy Savings Guarantee to get your money back.

• BOG73
    Options

@rafm5 agree with you regarding the 30% savings,no device will get you that! On the other matter of things i guess is not me ignorant to say: so why they stated the 30% save when no other manufacturer did? Is not my statement but Tado's!***

My guess is the corect statement is: we at Tado's can help you be more aware by the energy savings thru the self assesment and behavior of your heating system!

Note*** Netatmo also have claimed 30%+ .

• rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Options

@BOG73 It's just a common practice, in a specific environment and very unique conditions you may be able to achieve these - similar statements are used by car manufacturers about CO2 emissions etc.

It is also good selling point...

tado° may not help you achieve 30% but definitely will help managing your heating, adding remote access function etc., hence offers very convenient (but not perfect) devices IMHO. How much is this worth, you can't tell.

PS: The actual (advertised) energy consumption reduction rate is 31% and is based on the Fraunhofer Institute for Building Physics ISP from the "Simulation Study on Energy Saving Potential of a Heating Control with Absence Detection and Weather Forecast."