Control even and odd weeks respectively

Options
I'm wondering, could it be possible to control schedules for odd and even weeks in the application?

Biweekly (even weeks) my two children stays at my place, and biweekly (odd weeks) they stay with their mother. Quite normal nowadays which is why I think it makes good sense to have the option to lower the temperature in the two rooms biweekly.

Just a suggestion to improve an already fantastic product/application.
4 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    Why not use two of the (3) available schedules to achieve this.....
  • @GrayDav4276 Because I spent money on a smart system so I could set it up and it would then run. If I was happy to manually switch it between schedules I would have just stuck with my old dumb thermostat and done that. This device was marketed as having a smart schedule, so it should be smart.

• GrayDav4276
    Options

@ScottLangham

I'm sorry to say that there are definitely different levels of "smart" .....especially when you are selling a system or as perceived by someone who is purchasing a "smart" system. When I purchased my tado devices over 3 years ago, I expected it to be the "best thing since sliced bread"......however, there are so many things that tado is unable to achieve, and yet tado still claims to be able to carry out functions that are simply "smoke and mirrors" claims.

After 3 years of use, I have now removed all 10 of my SRT's (replaced with my original "dumb" TRV's) and I am operating my system with 1 x Wireless Thermostat and 1 x Wireless Temperature Sensor.......I will operate my system in this manner over the coming winter period, with a view to total removal of my tado system and then operating my Viessmann Combi boiler with weather compensation in the future.

I have spent many hundreds of £'s on my system and cannot honestly state that any (perceived) savings are actually directly attributable to tado and are more likely due to me operating my complete system in a more frugal manner.

In retrospect, I wish that I had never wasted my time, effort and finances on a complete (imho) useless "smart" system.

• I suggested Tado via IFTTT that I'd like to have Tado action of geofencing to auto / geofencing home. As I have my child weeks marked to my separate google calendar this would make possible to use home mode when my kids are with me and auto mode when kids are with their mother.
  • CrogUk
    Options

SOUnds like this should add to the votes for Geofencing per room per person — tado° Community