Options
13»

Comments

• leewoods
    Options
    Feb 2023…still no sign of this? 😬
  • Upcott
    Options
    As someone with 25 years professional experience in cybersecurity, the last 10 of which spent educating users in sensible security, I am amazed Tado is still not offering MFA. Its fundamental in today’s IOT security standards.
    I am still waiting for it, before installing a 6 controller/zones system in my house. BUT Tado, no MFA, no sale for you. Until then, its far too vulnerable and dangerous.
  • stefanw
    Options

30th op april 2023, still no 2FA ? Welcome to the new age, please incorporate 2FA, preferably adding also a option for a Yubikey

• dermotw
    Options

No proper authentication - that is not a very nice piece of design!

• luca94
    Options

Any news? Two-factor authentication is a must in 2023

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    It seems to me that there are 2 options here.
    1. Live with the fact that tado aren't going to add 2FA and continue using your devices.
    2. Stand by your principles.....and stop using tado.
  • alexisj
    Options

If tado does not implement conventional 2FA, they might still consider other security enhancements.

• Login/session history (and control)
    • Geoblocking (why an app connected with an Asian or US IP should need to control my heating).
    • Login confirmation by email or text message
    • Doubtful or new connection alert
    • using external login framework (with correct 2fa or user verification)

(Again and again) “security” is not a luxury, it is the norm (or should be).

Perhaps even more so in applications with implications for the physical world or controlling heating devices.

Not implementing it is a company responsibility, in the event of damage or litigation in court. It is also a risk for the image of the company, its value, if a hack or a data leak happens one day.

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

@alexisj OK but tell tado that, not us! tado have not graced us here with their presence for some considerable time.

• SPT
    SPT ✭✭
    Options
    It's Q4 of 2023, why do you not have Duo push authentication? When you get a data breach you're going to have alot of compensation to pay your users!
  • fjg85
    Options

Agreed that this is a must in today's IoT. Upvote for this issue. Any concrete plans Tado?

• leewoods
    Options
    Unacceptable and absolutely bonkers that 2FA is not here yet.
  • snuggelst
    Options

I'm really surprised that MFA is not available yet. +1 for me.

• lonevvolf
    Options

Guys, cmon. This is basic.

• woodyard
    woodyard
    edited November 2023
    Options
    MFA would be nice and expected as a standard today.

Passkey would be even better.

I can't believe there is not an option for MFA here in 2023!
  • jamesabell
    edited February 23
    Options

No MFA in 2024 is shocking!

• 2FA is definitely required. Come on Tado, sitting on your hands is a disastrous tactic. Every company should take heed from Blockbuster Video.
  • samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

Just a simple question but probably needs legal assistance! Now the new tado version is under trial in parts of mainland Europe, could the future see the roll out the new version with tado declaring current version no longer supported? No responsibility for MFA?

• leewoods
    Options

Still waiting on 2fa…seriously!

• briand
    briand
    edited April 23
    Options

@Jurian 2FA/MFA is not complicate TADO. Just implement IAM properly - even opensource. Really. This is 2024 now and this should be attended to.