Wireless receiver

Hello, I am changing my house to the tado system. My current system comprises a hard wire from the condenser boiler to a wireless receiver. This is a Siemens unit type RCR10/433. This unit communicates with the wireless thermostat which is about 20 meters away in another room. It works on line of sight. The boiler is in the kitchen and there is no hard wire for a remote hard wired stat in the main living area of the house. I have just purchase to start a kid with a bridging unit and the thermostat. I think I need a wireless receiver to enhance the system in this house but I was just wondering if someone could advise what I need. My thinking is that I should fit the wireless receiver adjacent to the boiler and then I can have various smart thermostats in different rooms, these thermostats will communicate with radiator valves in the various rooms and the system will work via the app. All of these thermostats will be controlled by the wireless receiver adjacent to the boiler.Can anyone offer any advice as to what I should buy next please? Thanks

Comments

• @Dave_jobe1

You are correct in your understanding of how a wireless Tado system equipped with smart thermostats would work.

In the UK the wireless receiver will only allow simple relay on/off switching. If your boiler has a modern digital interface such as OpenTherm it might be worth you looking at this method of controlling it - assuming compatibility with the boiler / Tado controller as it will help to maximise the efficiency of the boiler.

For more information regarding the options (Extension Kit) for the UK the following discussion may be useful:

• Hello again, thanks for the info. I have ordered a wireless receiver today so when it arrives I will install it. I also ordered some radiator valves. I will slowly build the system and see how it works many thanks for your help.