Tado 3-Way Controller

It would be great for Tado to develop a replacement to a 3 way controller.

I have 2 heating zones and a DHW.

Tado wired thermostats and radiator valves control the heating zones, but the 3 way controller has to be set so the heating is 'Always On' for Tado to control them. The water is still programmed by the 3-way controller.

3-Way Controller: ESi ES3247B

3 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• I also mentioned the requirement of a 3 Channel controller to Tado some months ago. This is based in the UK as new build properties of a certain size are always fitted out with 3 channel controllers. Basically I was told the market is not big enough for Tado to consider a 3 channel controller. It just makes it a much more expensive solution as you have to join the Upstairs and downstairs zone vales to operate in parallel. Then you have to work out what to do with any wired thermostats you may have.

However mine is in and woking now but I'm not sure if I will ever see a return on the investment I have made in the TADO equipment.

• Hi, well I have a similar controller and setup as you with the same programmer, gutted I didn't know this was "not compatible" before I purchased. 

I'm not the most technical with this all, I have purchased a TADO V3+ BLACK EDITION WIRELESS HEATING & HOT WATER SMART THERMOSTAT STARTER KIT

Am I able to achieve the same you have or do I need to purchase any additional equipment?

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Assuming you have two wired thermostats, the easiest way is to replace them with Tado wired thermostats and leave your existing controller set to always on and controlling the hot water.

If you want to control hot water with Tado you’ll need to rewire, use your Tado wireless receiver and wireless temperature sensor to control one heating zone and the hot water, and buy a Tado wired thermostat to control the other heating zone.