Home General Questions & Topics

Open window detection not working

Hi
Open window detection has stopped working.
It seemed to work 2 times. Is there a way to trouble shoot this issue? And open window detection is enabled.
Also is there a way to keep the heat off for a day if I forget to close a window In the basement?

Comments

• I am sure open window worked for me last year but this year seems to not be working ??
  • It works rarely for me. Only worked when I set an offset. It was false positive :)

• I have indeed experienced a couple of false positives (window closed, but notification) and have recently adhered to Tado's recommendation (in 'air quality') to open the windows a few times for fresh air to come in.

I expect the notification (open window detected) to come up when I do this. Nothing whatsoever...

How does the open windows detection work? And how do I (/you Tado?) make it work better? Currently this feature is not working for me the way it should.

(as is the feature for 'early heating', which required manual intervention from one of the engineers, and the lack of 'parental locks' on the TVRs).

• Just one day after the message above: a correct notification! Finally!

Also (incidentally?) this happened after an app update?

(where Tado finally allowed a user-switch to enable/disable home-mode! Thanks Tado!)