Tado and no modulation, or WorcesterBosch and no Tado?

Options

Hi all. So I have a dilemma.

I'd love to get a Tado system installed, but I own a WorcesterBosch Greenstar boiler. Reading historic posts in this forum it sees that WB don't allow or enable modulation using any thermostat except their own:

So here's my choice:

• Get the nice Tado experience, but with only on/off functionality for the boiler.
  • Lump the WB app/smart thermostat experience, but get access to the temperature modulation functionality.

Does anyone have any thoughts on these two paths? In particular I'm interested in how much it might affect our heating costs to only control the boiler's on and off status, not sending and modulation info over the bus.

Thanks!

Answers

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

There is a further option - wait! V4 tado is under trial and it surely must address some of the multitude of issues the current model has. The downside of waiting is that I have no idea whether tado see its being launched in UK!!

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    Options
    @samd
    If tado V4 is on trial.......where did you get this information.....or is it just a little bit of "wishful thinking"
    Why isn't tado making this a bit more ""transparent "
  • samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

@GrayDav4276 We have seen a post on here indicating chosen few in mainland Europe are 'trialling' V4

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Aha.....a "post"......

In that case it must be true.....just like everything on TikTok
  • wateroakley
    wateroakley ✭✭✭
    edited April 15
    Options

@cakehoover that’s a binary question. There are lots of variations. Can you explain what you are trying to achieve?