w.Intercom = i;Daikin Heat Pump Compatibility — tado° Community

Daikin Heat Pump Compatibility

I am looking for a smart home heating solution and contacted support to assess compatibility for Tado X which states it accommodates under floor systems. Support informed me that Tado X is not compatible with Daikin Altherma R F - EHVH-CB and Daikin ERLQ006CAV3. I would suggest adding compatibility as this is a widely adopted system by new build in Ireland.
Tagged:
1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Emcee
    Emcee Admin

Hello @ahehir,

Daikin products are expected become compatible with tado°X shortly. I encourage you to check again in a month or two.

• I have a Daikin EDLQ... heat pump and I was told the same; but you can use Tado as an external thermostat; which works well with their TRVs. Digital control would be excellent however
  • I am considering installing a heat pump but it doesn't seem that Tado V3 will work directly with any heat pump system I might purchase. What is meant by "you can use Tado as an external thermostat"? Can I use the thermostat provided by the heat pump installer with Tado Radiator Thermostats as stand alone devices?
  • Thanks @Emcee. It would be great to be notified here when compatibility is available as I am actively looking at replacing my heating management system now and need to make a decision sooner rather than later.

• Emcee
    Emcee Admin

Hello @ahehir @DeveloperRob

tado° X will be made compatible with Daikin heat pumps in the next weeks.
    I don't know when the official announcement will be made, but I've received confirmation this morning.

Once this is official, can double-check compatibility for your specific models through tado°'s support live chat or by using our compatibility tool.

• @Emcee thanks so much for the follow up. Great to hear support for Daikin is incoming. I see there is an offer for 20% off now for Tado X. I assume if I make a purchase now then support for my system will come via a software update later or are there any hardware dependancies that would mean I should hold off purchasing until support is in place?

• Rob
    Rob Admin
    edited August 9

@ahehir

As far as I know most Daikin HPs will be supported, but not all. Something about age (older is more difficult) and a specific digital bus ('communication language'), I'm not sure. I'd advice you to contact our support and give them the exact model of the Daikin device. Just to be sure.

All our devices can and will update their firmware automatically when online, so the production date of a tado heat pump optimizer does not influence compatibility. Just make sure you give it some time to update after bringing it online, so it will be Daikin compatible. New out of the box (status: August 2024) it will not be able to control Daikin, but after a few minutes or an hour (rough estimate) of being connected to the internet, it will.

• Thanks @Rob, that’s what I assumed in terms of firmware update.

In terms of the HP ‘age’, I am not sure what constitutes ‘old’. I will contact Support and seek clarity here before committing the order.