w.Intercom = i;TADO X - support cannot set water temperature — tado° Community

TADO X - support cannot set water temperature

Hello everyone, I installed my first Tado X kit with thermostat yesterday, set in Opentherm mode. As I have read in the forum, many complain about the fact that it is not possible to manually set the water heating and domestic hot water temperatures in the tado APP. Obviously my boiler doesn't allow me to set these temperatures if Opentherm is enabled (the thermostat has to do it), and this is what Tado support replied to me:

Hello,

unfortunately with tado° X we do not have the possibility to set the flow temperature.

In addition, with tado° X it is not possible to control the domestic hot water.

it is possible to make both changes directly from the boiler.

Best regards,

I'm starting to strongly doubt the quality of the product, also because I'm not a beta tester but I'm an end user.

Tagged:

Comments

• Emcee
    Emcee Admin
    edited August 14

Hello @EmmettBrown 🙂

Thanks for posting.

I see that you also opened a ticket with our support team. I will re-iterate what was shared there so other members of the community can stay in the loop:

At the moment, tado° cannot guarantee that the domestic hot water and maximum flow temperature setting functions will be implemented with tado° X, but we can confirm that they are both being evaluated in hopes of implementation for next winter (2024/2025).

• We have now added the Opentherm Flow Temperature setting in the app for tado X.

• Great news! But i can’t find the indicated menu in the last version of the app, is it still in beta?
  • Rob
    Rob Admin
    edited September 13

@EmmettBrown

No, it's live as far as I know. But looking at your account, it seems like your thermostat X does not have an Opentherm connection anymore since August 16th. Opentherm (and, currently, tado X) is required for this feature.

• thanks now it works! the sanitary water temperature is missing and then the product would be excellent.