w.Intercom = i;Tado X via Matter - system topology differs between Tado app and Matter controllers — tado° Community

Tado X via Matter - system topology differs between Tado app and Matter controllers

Hi!
I installed Tado X devices recently and noticed one fundamental flaw.
In Tado app the topology follows the former "room" concept. There are 2 significant downgrades however in comparison to the legacy systems:
- it is not possible to set which device is used to measure room temperature (in the past it was possible to select any device in the room - not it defaults to the temperature sensor, if present, or a random radiator thermostat, if more than one).
- it is not possoble to have more than one temperature sensors (or wired thermostat and temperature sensor[s]) in the same room.

However when exposed to Matter controllers, each device is treated individually.
The major issue is that Wireless Temperature Sensors are exposed as... sensors - and therefore "read only" devices. It makes Tado X useless for setups where there is more than one Smart Radiator Thermostat (whilst all TRVs will "sync", the temperature measurement will be taken from the device originally selected to call for heat). It is also pointless for situations where due to the awkward positioning of the TRV, the Temperature Sensor must be used, as the device cannot be controlled via Matter.

I tried to seek assistance from the Support but the answers so far weren't helpful. It is a major blow to everyone who wanted to upgrade the legacy systems.
Tagged:

Answers

• Hello!

I’m curious in upgrading. Has this been fixed

I have 2 rooms where I have two TRV and one room where I have a thermostat and a wireless sensor.

If what you observe is right, TadoX will royally not be functioning well for my system.

Based on what you wrote, in X I cannot have two TRV in the same room or am I misunderstanding something?
  • I think I understand more now what you wrote elsewhere.

The difference is that you can do multiple TRV/sensors within the Tado app but not with Matter. But what do you mean via Matter? What are you using?