w.Intercom = i;Tado X Thermostat - Matter - Humidity — tado° Community

Tado X Thermostat - Matter - Humidity

After adding my tado x thermostat to Apple Home via Matter I can see the temperature reading from the thermostat but not the humidity in my Apple Home.

Current Matter standard (1.3) supports exposing humidity readings from a thermostat device type. Is there a particular reason for this? will it be exposed in the future? It is supported by the definition of the standard for this device type.

Tagged:

Comments

• Emcee
    Emcee Admin
    edited August 21

Hello @diezc

I double-checked with the product team.

As of right now, humidity measurements are being exposed via Matter, they just don't show up in Apple Home because it doesn't support the humidity cluster. Other systems, like Home Assistant, support said cluster and can therefore communicate humidity levels via Matter

• thanks - hopefully It will show up with future updates of Apple Home/Matter on their end of things.

• I was also searching for those readings. Hopefully this issue can be resolved soon. I have the Tado thermostats in every room and humidity is an important metric – I don't want to buy separate humidity sensors for every room.

• @hisrootness

Hopefully the cluster will be supported soon.

In the meantime, there is also the Air Comfort feature that provides humidity readings in the app.

• What do you mean? I don’t see anything when I click “use Tado with HomeKit” button.
  • @hisrootness

(Unless you only have Smart Radiator Thermostats Basic) There should be a feature in your app called Air Comfort that can provide you with humidity readings for each Room. This has nothing to do with your home automation system as it is only available in the tado° app, but it can be a good starting off point to get humidity readings.