w.Intercom = i;How to make Tado Bridge X join an existing Thread network? — tado° Community

How to make Tado Bridge X join an existing Thread network?

Hi! I set up Tado X in one location and the bridge joined the existing Thread network (by SmartThings hub). But in the second location there are 2 separate Thread networks. How can I force the Bridge X to join the existing network as in the other location?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• martini
    martini Volunteer Moderator
    Answer ✓

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be an option for that as of now… Looking at my own set of devices here, there doesn't even to be an option to get the key to the fabric the tado bridge is setting up…

I sure hope, that they will add these features in the near future…

Answers

• Yeah - though the claim that Bridge X can work as a "range extender" (or additional border router) seems to be a bit misleading then.

Also I noticed (in the setup where the networks are merged) when the Bridge X drops out of network, then all devices in Tado app seem to be "offline". Individual devices can be controlled in the app, but turning on the radiator thermostat doesn't generate a heat demand request for the wired thermostat - making it essentially useless.
  • Hi! Is there any update on that challenge?