w.Intercom = i;Tado X Smart Radiator Thermostat - poor battery life — tado° Community

Tado X Smart Radiator Thermostat - poor battery life

It has been less than 2month since I installed Tado X system and the batteries in the TRVs started failing already. The system has hardly been used (apart from testing) so battery depletion seems really premature.
Tagged:

Comments

• It would be interesting to see just how much Tado’s devices save once you have added back in the cost of batteries. I agree they seem to chew through them.
  • K_T
    K_T ✭✭
    Well, for X they are rechargeable so the cost is rather negligible. Legacy system could use standard rechargeable AA batteries too so apart from the initial investment the cost would be low too.
  • Hello @K_T

Sorry for not responding sooner.

Adding your tado° X device to multiple third-party Matter fabrics (e.g. Apple Home, Amazon Alexa, Google Home) can slightly decrease the device’s battery life because each fabric requires the device to send and receive additional information.

Might this be the issue here? How many Matter fabrics are you using?

• K_T
    K_T ✭✭
    Hi @Emcee - I use Alexa, SmartThings and Tado app. I understand that this may "slightly" reduce the battery life - however I wouldn't expect that the "up to one year" will get down to merely 2 months - and this is off season when there is hardly any use.
  • @K_T

Yes, I agree. This is very short a lifespan for batteries.

Did you receive the email from one of our engineers outlining a test that can be performed to help find the root of the battery consumption issue?