w.Intercom = i;Tado Thermostat X has no Device Linking option within the app — tado° Community

Tado Thermostat X has no Device Linking option within the app

Hello,

I have successfully paired my Tado X Thermostat and Bridge X to my home network. I can control the thermostat via the Tado app without any issues. However, I'm now trying to pair my Tado X to my Home Assistant instance. In order to do that, I require a setup code. It is my understanding that I should be able to get this code via the Device Linking option within the Tado app. However, If I navigate to Rooms & Devices and select my Thermostat, there is no such option available. Not sure how to get the setup code via any other way.

Best Answer

• Emcee
    Emcee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hello everyone,

Your German community counterparts have a similar conversation going on. You can access it here.
    In essence, an app firmware update (8.8.1.) released last week seems to have resolved the issue. Did it for you as well?

Answers

• Same issue with me. Not sure what to do here.

• Same issue but with only one device from 10
  • Same here. Only 1 radiator button is showing this option.
    Does somebody know a solution to this?

Want to link my radiators to my home assistent instance

• I have a "device linking" button (Firmware 232.1), but the linking process does not seem to work.

• Same for for 1 out of 14 devices
  • Hi I now did first remove the device from my home, then I did a factory reset of that thermostat and added the device again to the home in the tado app. Device linking is now there.

Factory reset tutorial: https://help.tado.com/en/articles/8943122-how-do-i-do-a-factory-reset-on-my-tado-x-devices
  • I had the 'Device linking' option but it didn't work. Support suggested I do a factory reset, and after, the 'device linking' option is no longer there...

Overall I'm quite disappointed with tado, it seems like their software is a mess, at least compared to the Chinese brand one that it replaced, which somehow worked flawlessly and even worked in Google Home via the Tuya app, it's only fault being that it didn't know opentherm.
  • Same here, for 6 out of 9 devices! the others have the device linking menu inside the app.

by the way, factory reset didn't work out as well!