Support multiple schedule configurations such as spring etc..

Options
1235»

Comments

• Rob
    Rob | Admin
    Options

I've added an edit to the opening post of this thread.

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    At long last......with this updated original thread, I can finally hear "the can being kicked down the road ' by tado.
    Let's face it tado has done all that it's going to do on this popular request.
  • johnbur
    johnbur ✭✭✭
    Options
    @Rob welcome back - long time no hear. How about an update on the top two suggestions that have around 500 votes each? Can't see that they are for power users only?
  • Kds51h
    Options

It is obvious that Tado are not looking at any of these threads, including ones that are for major flaws.

We need to be more visible. I've started commenting on their facebook page. I suggest everyone else should do the same thing.

• Rob
    Rob | Admin
    edited April 26
    Options

@johnbur

Thanks. I won't be very present here, but as it looks now we will have a colleague that definitely will.

Assuming you mean the 'backup schedule' and 'range extender' topics;

The range extender topic is something we cannot easily introduce to existing hardware due to hardware limitations. In that sense it is fundamentally different from this multiple schedule topic. With software you can basically do everything, as long as you invest enough time. The limits here are thus time and if the change actually improves the product for the majority of users. 

Hardware however has physical limits. The range issue is something we have been fine tuning a lot though (with firmware), but the improvements were not so big that it solved the issue for those who had massive range issues. For this topic and other topics where the hardware is the limit, our hands are simply tied until we introduce fundamentally new hardware. 

I'm not allowed to announce any product updates (which is quite frustrating... to me too), but I can certainly promise that we are not sitting still.

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    The can(s) have been well and truly "kicked "
  • johnbur
    johnbur ✭✭✭
    Options
    Indeed. Five years and counting. @Rob I understand your hands are tied, and I do appreciate that you at least responded. However, after five years, that was an appalling non answer.
  • Abison
    Abison
    edited March 21
    Options

It is a required feature I must say. If you are worried about common people, please do not enable by default. Provide a setting which can enable at each user level. Once enable, the app can show provision to do multiple schedule which allow enable only one at a time per device. I can really guess the number of people wanted this feature those do not know about this forum or lazy or scared to create a login here.

• samplay
    Options

Hi all,

I've only recently become a user of Tado products, and found some great information in this thread, thank you!

Thought I'd add my comments, about a couple of functionalities I am missing from Tado currently (or haven't found out how to use yet?):

• Being able to schedule the Away mode (what is called Holiday mode on other thermostats): Set manually (but in advance) when you want Tado to move to Away mode, and again when you want it to move back to Home mode. The first step works well with Geofencing. But for poorly insulated houses, being able to re-start the heating when you're 2 hours away from home can be very important.
    • Having a notion of profiles for schedules, with a quick action button on the front page of the app that would change all rooms schedules in one click (School Day / Everyone home / The kids at their grandparents' / etc.) ⇒ One click would change all the schedules at once, but more importantly: you'd only program them once.

I would love to see those implemented within Tado.