Support multiple schedule configurations such as spring etc..

1235»

Comments

• Rob
    Rob | Admin

I've added an edit to the opening post of this thread.

• At long last......with this updated original thread, I can finally hear "the can being kicked down the road ' by tado.
    Let's face it tado has done all that it's going to do on this popular request.
  • johnbur
    johnbur ✭✭✭
    @Rob welcome back - long time no hear. How about an update on the top two suggestions that have around 500 votes each? Can't see that they are for power users only?
  • It is obvious that Tado are not looking at any of these threads, including ones that are for major flaws.

We need to be more visible. I've started commenting on their facebook page. I suggest everyone else should do the same thing.

• Rob
    Rob | Admin

@johnbur

Thanks. I won't be very present here, but as it looks now we will have a collegue that definetly will.

Assuming you mean the 'backup schedule' and 'range extender' topics;

The backup schedule topic start has had an edit a while ago, with a link to a comment by one of my collegues. It's something we cannot introduce to existing hardware due to hardware limitations. Something similar is true for the range extender topic. In that sense they are fundamentally different from this multiple schedule topic. With software you can basically do everything, as long as you invest enough time. The limits here are thus time and if the change actually improves the product for the majority of users. With this multiple schedules topic we chose to limit changes to other parts of the schedule, for the reasons I discussed above.

Hardware however has physical limits. The range issue is something we have been fine tuning a lot though (with firmware), but the improvements were not so big that it solved the issue for those who had massive range issues. For these two topics and other topics where the hardware is the limit, our hands are simply tied until we introduce fundamentally new hardware. Let's say you own a recent VW Golf, and you have 2 complaints; how the entertainment system behaves and the fact that you cannot fit 5 adults in the back. VW can do something about the former with a software update, but the latter simply does not physically fit in a safe way, whatever you do. That's similar here with these 2 topics.

I'm not allowed to announce any product updates (which is quite frustrating... to me too), but I can certainly promise that we are not sitting still.

• The can(s) have been well and truly "kicked "
  • johnbur
    johnbur ✭✭✭
    Indeed. Five years and counting. @Rob I understand your hands are tied, and I do appreciate that you at least responded. However, after five years, that was an appalling non answer.