Boost individual room

The option to boost an individual room rather than whole house heating sometimes the upstairs is cooler the down stairs and would be good to be able to boost individual room but just now need to boost he house.
8 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭

@Berrysg Hello - You can do this without any changes unless I have not understood your post? App>select room>change target temperature.

• beeftrader
    beeftrader ✭✭
    edited March 3

If you're using a smart assistant (eg. HomeKit), and you've correctly set up your house so that the different rooms are set up correctly with the different levels (upstairs / downstairs), telling Siri to change the temperature upstairs / downstairs would work to change all radiators in that zone only. At least in practice, tado's HomeKit support isn't the greatest.

Just be aware that HomeKit-issued commands will turn tado into Manual Control, and will not respect your settings set in the Room (manual control, timer, return to next time block). There's no way to exit Manual Control with tado's HomeKit support. https://support.tado.com/en/articles/3387329-how-can-i-limit-the-duration-of-an-input-via-apple-homekit

I override this behaviour using a Homebridge setup and don't rely on tado's HomeKit support at all, because I find this limitation kind of ridiculous for a supposedly "smart" heating system that will never turn off.

• On the Web page there's an option to boost rooms for a period of time and it turns all rooms up to 25 degrees to heat quicker but only all rooms at once and after time period it goes back to the temp you've set it for good if it's colder than usual and want a quick head in house but sometimes I'm not upstairs but have to use option as is for whole house
  • This option is also available in the beta versions of the tado app on iOS, no need to use the web-app. You can register (if they still have spots available) at https://testflight.apple.com/join/vcxVYb7M