Website maintenance scheduled June 18-21.

Difficulties accessing portions of the community or navigating certain sections may occur.

Room exit time (opposite of Early Start)

Options
Just thought I'd throw this idea out there..

Just like the early start feature (which I know doesn't work well) that heats a room for a set time.. I would like to set an exit time to turn off the heating before I leave a room to save energy.

I used to set my lounge temperature to 21oC until 12am which is exactly when I retire to bed. Using the Tado temperature graph I noticed that the room retained the temperature for some time after I left the room so this seemed like a waste of energy. I adjusted the heating turn off time to an 1 hour before I retire to bed to save gas but still maintaining a similar comfort level.

Tado could easily learn how long it takes for a room to lose heat to automatically work out when to turn off heating according to a room exit time.

I understand this can be affected by many factors like outdoor temperature but from what I understand Tado already takes this into account.

I also understand that this can be done manually by scheduling increments of decreasing temperature to get similar behavior but I think it would be good to take advantage of Tado's clever algorithm to automate this
4 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• tadouser1000
    edited March 2021
    Options
    How about Early Stop for a catchy name for this feature :smile:

You're welcome Tado!