Ability to limit/control how much a TRV opens a radiator - control speed/aggressiveness of heating

I've 2 TRV's in a couple of rooms, and in both cases I find that it'd be beneficial to limit the amount that one of the radiators contribute to the heating.

eg. in case of a study, I don't want the radiator right beside me blasting out full heat, roasting me before the whole room heats up.

• I could remove the TRV from that radiator and turn it off, but defeats the point of having 2 radiators.
  • Alternatively I could split the TRVs into 2 separate 'rooms', but that doesn't prevent Tado from wanting to heat the radiator as fast as possible.

A solution to set a limit as to how much a specific TRV could open, or ability to control how quickly a TRV heats a room could be useful.

2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• per https://community.tado.com/en-gb/discussion/comment/16750#Comment_16750, also beneficial if certain items/pets are near radiators for extended periods of time, where you want to limit how much heat they receive.

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    @GarethM
    I know that what I'm about to say could be perceived as a retrograde step however.....if it's the radiator next to you in your study, then you could remove the Tado SRT and refit your original TRV. This TRV will heat up the radiator whenever the heating is operating but you can set it to not get too hot.
  • @GrayDav4276 valid question - but I don't want that radiator to heat at all if the room is already warm enough, or if heat isn't required at that time. I've tried to adjust the other valve to attempt to prevent as much flow through the radiator, but that's hit or miss, and generally turns the radiator off.

• How about you use the temperature offset option on the Tado thermostat which is closest to where you are sitting. Set it such that the one you are sitting closest to already thinks the temperature is already a bit higher.

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    @Rishi the temperature offset applies to the Tado Room and not to the individual SRT......unless each SRT is named as a separate Tado Room.
    If both SRT's are in the same Tado Room, then 1 SRT will be selected as the 'Measuring Device' .......and this measuring device controls'the operation of both SRTs.